Sunday 19 October 2014

Christmas is gonna hafta start early!!

Shit. It's suddenly occurred to me that we are racing through October, and I have a tonne of stuff to make, yes make, for Christmas. 
Firstly there are several presents for various kiddies that I can't really talk about in this particular post because it'll ruin a surprise, a couple of pyjama eaters (the new-fangled term for a pyjama case) for F & D, not to mention the memory quilt that my sister has asked me to put together for her out of her various marathon and long-race t-shirts.
Funny thing is that while I am a tad anxious about the mountain of sewing that awaits, I'm also really enjoying the planning / preparation, as well as figuring out the fiddly little details & finishing touches.
Seems my former life as a project manager has translated nicely into a love of a domestic project (and no, I'm not talking about my husband. Or at least not in this instance)!!
I've also got some battered old furniture waiting in the garage to be refurbed which ideally I'd like done and on show before Christmas, but if you'll pardon the pun, I think I'd better cut my cloth in accordance with the time I have available. 
Obvs I'll post pics of the above as soon as I am able.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to knock up a Gantt chart to ensure I don't cock this up. 😉

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I'd love a quilt made out of my race t-shirts too... can I put an order in? (for after Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly can.
      Only caveat being that I should check I can do justice to your shirts before taking on another quilt. My sister knows there is a risk of me hacking her t-shirts to bits and not ending up with quite the finished product she had in mind :) Keep an eye on the blog because I'll post a pic of the finished product here in the new year. If you like what you see, let me know & we can talk turkey :)

      Delete
    2. Back off Vikki, she's doing mine first ;)

      PS, hope you are well x

      Delete